How to squat
- Have your feet a little more than hip distance apart, parallel or slightly turned out.
- Bend at your knees and hips as you lower into squat position. Aim to get your thighs parallel with the floor.
- Make sure your knees don’t go any further forward than your toes.
- Come back up gently, making sure you don’t jerk your knees backwards.
- Avoid arching your back or rounding your shoulders and keep your neck in line with your spine.
- Raise your arms overhead
- Lower your arms as you lift one knee
- Raise your arms as you lower the knee
- Lower your arms as you lift the other knee
- Start by standing with your feet close together.
- Raise your right knee, then jump sideways to the right, leading with your right leg.
- Follow through with your left leg, bringing your left foot close to your right.
- Now lift your left knee and repeat to the left.
- Stand with your feet together and arms by your side. Jump your legs wide as you take your arms over your head.
- Lower your arms as you jump your feet back together.
- It’s important that you don’t let your knees rotate inwards as you land. To help avoid this, turn your toes outwards slightly as you land.
- Stand with feet close together and take small jumps up and down.
- Allow your knees to flex slightly as you land.
- Keep your shoulders back and abdominal muscles engaged.
- Focus on jogging in a controlled way, don’t land heavily on your feet
Before you do this workout, please read these safety guidelines.