Because this is an energetic workout with some high impact moves, you should allow your muscles and joints to warm up first. Either do the workout when you are already warm, for example from walking or household chores or do this warm-up:
Cardio exercise instructions
- Raise your arms overhead
- Lower your arms as you lift one knee
- Raise your arms as you lower the knee
- Lower your arms as you lift the other knee
- Start in a squat position, with your arms down by your sides.
- Swing your arms up over your head as you push your toes off the ground and jump up,
- Come back down onto the floor in the starting position and repeat.
- Start by standing with your feet close together.
- Raise your right knee, then jump sideways to the right, leading with your right leg.
- Follow through with your left leg, bringing your left foot close to your right.
- Now lift your left knee and repeat to the left.
- Stand with your feet together and arms by your side. Jump your legs wide as you take your arms over your head.
- Lower your arms as you jump your feet back together.
- It’s important that you don’t let your knees rotate inwards as you land. To help avoid this, turn your toes outwards slightly as you land.
- Get into an all-4s position on the floor. Make sure your hands are directly below your shoulders.
- Take your legs out behind, keeping your back slightly curved.
- Now bring one knee at a time in towards your arms.
Please read these safety guidelines before you do this workout.
More on cardio exercise: