This 3 week pulse squats challenge will only take a few minutes each day and will work all the main leg muscles. With pulse squats, you only move through a range of 1-2 inches from the lowest position. After a few reps, you’ll really start to feel your butt muscles working.
Like most challenge type workouts, there is a little bit of progression each day. Either the rest time decreases, or the number of pulse squats increase apart from the first 2 days, which only has regular and slow squats).
To download and print: click on the link, which takes you to Dropbox | click on the “Download” button in the top right corner | save the file to your device and print
Before you start, please read these general exercise guidelines.
Instructions for regular squats, slow squats and pulse squats
- Have your feet a little more than hip distance apart, parallel or slightly turned out
- Make sure your knees don’t go any further forward than your toes
- Aim to get the thighs parallel with the floor and then come up again
- Straighten up gently, don’t jerk the knees backwards
- Avoid arching the back or rounding the shoulders
- Keep the neck in line with the spine
Count to 3 as you lower into the squat and then come up in one count
Take the squat to the lowest position, then move 1-2 inches up and down from here.